Sat, 08 Jul|
St Mary's Church Northchurch
St Mary's Church Northchurch Summer Fete 2023
Join us on Saturday 8th July at 12:00 for all of the old favourites including BBQ, Pimms & beer stalls, raffles, tombola, cakes & teas, face painting, craft tent, bouncy castle, ice creams and more! Hemel Hempstead Brass Band, St Mary’s School and Madalina Tudorian will provide entertainment.
Time & Location
08 Jul 2023, 12:00 – 15:30
St Mary's Church Northchurch, 93 High St, Berkhamsted HP4 3QN, UK
About the Event
St Mary’s Church Fete on Saturday 8th July
We are very pleased to announce the date for this year’s St Mary’s Church Fete for Saturday 8th July. All the old favourites will be there including the BBQ, Pimms and beer stalls, various raffles, a tombola, plants, bottles, books, gifts and toiletries, cakes and teas, Good as New and lots of activities on the school field. Smaller children will be catered for in the rectory garden with face painting, a craft tent, bouncy castle, toy tombola and ice creams.
The Hemel Hempstead Brass Band, St Mary’s School and Madalina Tudorian will provide entertainment for all tastes.The fete will run from 12.00 noon to 3.30pm and will raise money for the Phakamisa, a Christian charity supporting children with aids in South Africa, The Swan Youth Project, Northchurch United Charities and our church.
Make a note of the date in your diaries now and encourage your family and friends to come along for a great family day out.
If you would like to get involved by supporting the organising committee, manning a stall on the day or lending a helping hand during set up and/ or take down, please email email@example.com or speak to Jonathan or Rachel.
Donations needed include:
- Donations of bottles (all kinds – but in date and full please). Please leave these either in the rectory or drop them off at Sue Jukes (Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org) at: 70 Bridgewater Road, Berkhamsted, HP4 1JB.
- Tombola prizes/Gifts and Toiletries Stall items – new, good quality items are needed for both the tombola and gift stall. Please leave these in the relevant box in the South Transept.
- Raffle prizes – if you have a good contact who might give us a raffle prize, please either let Margit know or better still, ask your contact yourself. Children’s toys – we are looking for good quality and clean, unused or second-hand children’s toys, books, games and soft toys. Please either drop off in the box at church or in the rectory.
- Empty mugs, can be used but not chipped or broken for the Brownies stall. Please put them in the relevant box at the back of church.
- Items for the Nearly New Stall – please put small, good quality second-hand items in the box at the back of church. If it’s a bigger item, please contact Brian Baldwin on who will advise you what to do. Please can we urge you only to donate good quality items, no electricals, clothes or broken items – it’s a lot of work to dispose of items that are not suitable to sell. We will only accept items up to a week before the fete.
- Good quality second-hand books. Please put these in the box at the back of church. If you have a lot and need help transporting them please contact Margit.
- Plants and garden items - Please bring these along on the day. We can also arrange for plants/items to be collected in advance. Please contact Vanessa Hudson 879646 or Diane Whitaker 875543 for further details.
- Cakes – if you think you can help out by providing cakes for either the cake stall or the refreshments stall please can you let Penny Coase (email@example.com) know? We have new arrangements for dropping items off/allergen labelling this year due to the need to comply with Natasha’s Law on allergen labelling and Penny will be able to provide labels.
- Offer to help on the day – if you aren’t already involved and can spare some time either the day before to set up or on the day itself to help on a stall, please talk to any of us or email us.
- Lastly, please keep collecting your Woods vouchers and putting them in the box at the back of church – we get a £25 gift voucher for every £100 of receipts.
The Fete Committee